Talks, lectures and training
- An off-the-shelf training series of 2 or 3 days (depending on requirements) covering strategic decision making from process through to behavioural issues and incorporating tools, templates, case study and role-playing.
Course elements include visualisation, knowledge management, intuition versus judgement, decision leadership, management of uncertainty, creativity in decision-making and scenario evaluation.
- A customised training programme that is personalised to meet the specific requirements of the organisation, including customised case studies and addressing specific decision-types.
This course can also be used to support team-building within the decision-making team.
Talks and lectures
Our lectures and talks are generally customised towards the needs of our client.
Typical topics include the following:
- The 7 habits of highly effective decision makers (NEW)
- Taking strategic decisions in the face of high uncertainty
- Managing complexity through visualisation
- Strategic decision analysis
- Behavioural impact on decision-making
- Applying systems thinking to difficult decisions
- Judgement in decision making – rationality versus gut
- Black swans, long-tailed dragons and elephants in the room – why its amazing we even sometimes make good decisions
- Creativity and innovation in decision-making – why and how.
- Using mind maps for structured problem solution
- Decisions concerning mergers and acquisitions
- Decisions concerning outsourcing
- Decisions concerning procurement
- The decision coach – leading the decision-making process
- Scenario development – why and how
- Problem framing – the key element in decision making and problem solving
- Multi criteria decision analysis
Note we also lecture at IE Business School (Madrid and other locations) and can provide you with details of the next open programme